Top 4 things to know before booking your next beach vacation!
As you begin to search for the perfect Gulf front condo for your next beach vacation there are a few things we want you to keep in mind.
1. Extra fees! Well known travel websites like VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, FlipKey and Expedia.com have charged and will charge additional booking fees on your condo rental. We're talking up to 20% more in extra fees! These types of websites are basic booking portals that offer limited to zero customer service and from our experience customer service is important. Travel websites like these:
- DON'T provide local guest services.
- DON'T provide check-in information for your vacation.
- DON'T make repairs if something goes wrong.
- DON'T give out keys or let you in if you get locked out.
- DON'T help with any issues.
These websites are only marketing websites.
2. Booking direct will save you money! Before making your reservation through a national branded travel website, evaluate all of the fees. When booking directly through a vacation rental company there may be a small reservation fee but it's nowhere near the 15-20% in add on fees charged by websites like VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor and FlipKey.
3. Don't believe the hype! Travel websites with a national brand promise extra levels of customer service, however, if you need something before, during or after your stay, they have to call us to get anything done. Remember, they are only a website.
4. Keep your information safe! When booking with a national travel website your information is now being collected and those websites are claiming that they own you as a traveler. Their policies are now being written to be able to send a bill to local property managers even if you did not make your reservation on their site.
Our goal is to provide you with the best vacation possible and that starts with getting you the best deal on your condo rental with the best customer service. We look forward to helping you book your next trip to the beach!
Thursday, January 11, 2018